Onyx is an Astrological Gemstone many types of which are used as astrological substitutes for primary gemstones. For example Green Onyx is an astrological substitute for Emerald. ONYX gemstone is a type of Chalcedony which has parallel banded layers. The colors of the bands may range from white to many other shades like black, blue, green, red, red-orange, orange, honey etc. The various varieties of Onyxes are used for Astrological as well as healing purposes.
- Onyx is beneficial for those born under the Zodiac Sign Leo
- The ruling planets for Onyx Gemstone are Mars and Saturn
- From an astrological perspective, Green Onyx is a substitute for Emerald; however, it is not as strong as Green Tourmaline and Peridot since the effects are much weaker.
- Black Onyx is worn to balance the malefic effects of Saturn. It has numerous spiritual, emotional, mental and physical healing benefits
- Onyx is also a popular choice for wearing as jewelry.
- Onyx is recommended for athletes